The endlessly customisable and elaborate side stitching can not only make beautiful notebooks but also aesthetically enhance your portfolios, presentation books, proposals, scrapbooks, cards and more! In this workshop, you will learn 2 variations of Japanese stab binding.
Traditional vs. Modern Variation
👉1x 4-Hole Binding
👉1x Modern Geometric (Triangle) Pattern Binding
For those interested in making books, Japanese stab bindings are an ideal place to begin the journey. Join us @aspaceto_ to learn how this method can benefit you in so many ways!
“Make a book & fill it up with stories.” 📚
Modern Japanese Bookbinding Workshop [摩登手縫書工作坊]
✅ Date 日期：14 March (Sun)
✅ Time 时间：2:00pm - 6:00pm
✅ Fees : RM 110 / pax
Language of learning: Multiple
A SPACE TO_. (Next to Seventeen Mall)
936-1, Jalan 17/38, Seksyen 17, Petaling Jaya
WhatsApp : 012-6835813
• Introduction to various binding methods and their pros & cons
• Tips on things you can do with bookbinding
• Introduction to bookbinding tools
• Paper Buffet – Pick your cover and decorate your books with various paper materials
• Guide on how to make accurate measurements & correctly spaced holes
• Guide on how to make a sturdy bind
(P.S. If you have any photos/paper stuff that you would like to bind together or use as a measurement reference, bring it with you to the workshop!).
WHAT IS PROVIDED:-
• Bookbinding tools
• Various threads
• Paper Buffet (Pick your own cover design!)
BOOKBINDING KIT/TOOLS: -
Tools are provided for use during the workshop only. However, if you are interested, you can pre-order a bookbinding kit from us!
BRING HOME MATERIALS:-
✅ 2 x A5 handbound books
✅ Note sheets (+One extra binding pattern to try at home)
✅ Needles & Waxed Thread
⚠ PLEASE TAKE NOTE ⚠
To ensure everyone's comfort, we have taken the following measures:-
1. Hand sanitisers and temperature check
2. Compulsory to wear mask during workshop
3. No companions allowed (only registered student)
4. Check in with the SElangkah & MySejahtera app.